The radiotherapy department is involved in a number of research projects, including local developments, national working parties. Members of the team regular present their work at meetings, and a selection current projects, posters and presentations are given below.
For details of clinical trials in which the department is part of see here: Radiotherapy Clinical Trials Page
Departmental Research and Development Projects
- Use of QATrack+ for electronic QC
- Use of the EPID imager for streamlined linac QC
- Commissioning of new Varian ETHOS treatment unit
- Auto-contouring using machine learning methods in collaboration with MIRADA
- Development of IMC breast technique
- Treatment of electron breast boosts based on CT simulation
- *NEW* Online adaptive radiotherapy using the Varian ETHOS system
- Skin brachytherapy using 3D printing
- Use of the Venezia applicator for larger cervix cancers
- Biliary brachytherapy
The department works closely with the University of Surrey and each year has supervisory roles in PhDs, MDs, as well as MSc students.
Each year the department hosts MSc projects for the students of the Universities Medical Physics and Imaging courses providing students the opportunity to directly make an impact within a clinical department.
|Liz Adams||Presentation||KBP for cervical cancer||ESTRO38||Apr-19|
|Matt Bolt||Presentation||A ‘big data’ analysis of radiotherapy beam output measurements: Do constancy devices under report beam output?||MPEC||Sep-18|
|Catharine Clark||Presentation||Modelling the impact of machine specific dosimetric variations on clinical outcomes||ESTRO37||Apr-18|
|Mel Cunningham||Presentation||Assessment workshop||NSHCS STP Introduction||Nov-19|
|Mel Cunningham||Presentation||The Training Plan||NSHCS STP Introduction||Nov-19|
|Mark Long||Presentation||HDR Prostate Guildford Experience||Elekta Brachytherapy User Meeting||Oct-19|
Some individual journal publications can be viewed on a particular staff members page