Title: Clinical Scientist
Section: Radiotherapy Physics
BiographyTatjana joined the department in 2019. She is an American Board of Radiology certified radiotherapy physicist and graduated from the CAMPEP-approved medical physics residency program at the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, PA, USA). There she had the chance to get trained in a wide range of clinical procedures and techniques, including proton therapy, as well as perform clinical research. After completing the residency she joined the Department of Radiation Oncology at Hartford Hospital (Hartford CT, USA) as radiotherapy physicist, where she provided clinical services and consultation on routine and specialised clinical medical physics procedures, including HDR Brachytherapy and SABR simulation, planning and delivery. Her duties also included treatment plan and weekly chart checks, IMRT and machine QA, as well as teaching and participation in research and development projects. She has BSc and MSc degrees in physics from University of Latvia (Riga, Latvia) and PhD degree in Biomedical Engineering from University of Patras (Greece). Prior to joining the St. Luke’s Cancer Centre, she worked at North Middlesex University Hospital in London, providing Radiotherapy Physics machine QA and dosimetry services as well as assisting in the provision of iodine-131 therapy.
- Weiss, J. Wu, W. Sleeman, J. Bryant, P. Mitra, M. Myers, T. Ivanova, N. Mukhopadhyay, V. Ramakrishnan, M. Murphy, J. Williamson, “Clinical Evaluation of Soft Tissue Organ Boundary Visualization on Cone-Beam Computed Tomographic Imaging”, Int. J. Rad. Oncol. Biol. Phys. 2010; 78(3): 929-936.
- Ivanova, K. Bliznakova, G. Malatara, D. Kardamakis, Z. Kolitsi and N. Pallikarakis, “Simulation studies on the effect of attenuators on dose distribution in radiotherapy”, Physica Medica 2009; 25(4): 172-180.
- Ivanova, K. Bliznakova and N. Pallikarakis, “Simulation studies of field shaping in rotational radiation therapy”, Med. Phys. 2006; 33: 4289-4298
- Hoffman, T. Ivanova, G. Cardarelli, K. Norton, T. Steger, K. Dwyer, M. Rossi, G-X. Qian, A. Jones, "A Comparison of Three Quality Assurance Tools Used for IMRT QA", AAPM Spring Clinical Meeting, Phoenix, AR, USA, March 16-19, 2013 (POSTER PRESENTATION).
- Ivanova and A. Kassaee, “ Dosimetric comparison of radiochromic film and diode array measurements for quality assurance of small IMRT fields”, AAPM 53rd Annual Meeting, Vancouver, Canada, July 31 - August 4, 2011 (POSTER PRESENTATION).
- Ivanova and A. Kassaee, “Comparison of Measurements and Eclipse Electron Monte Carlo Calculations for Small Electron Fields with Central Block”, Med. Phys. 37, p. 3263 (2010). AAPM 52nd Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, USA, July 18-22, 2010 (POSTER PRESENTATION).
- Ivanova and A. Kassaee, “Verification of IMRT Plans for SRT with 2D Detector Array”, Med. Phys. 37, p. 3233 (2010). AAPM 52nd Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, USA, July 18-22, 2010 (POSTER PRESENTATION).
- Dimofte, T. Zhu and T. Ivanova, “An Independent MU Calculation Program for Dynamic IMRT”, Med. Phys. 37, p. 3233 (2010). AAPM 52nd Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, USA, July 18-22, 2010 (POSTER PRESENTATION).
- Weiss, J. Wu, W. Sleeman, J. Bryant, P. Mitra, M. Myers, M. Murphy, T. Ivanova, J. Williamson, “Model-based segmentation for soft tissue contouring in the pelvis on fan-beam (FBCT) and cone-beam computed tomographic (CBCT) imaging: a contouring variability study”, Int. J. Rad. Oncol. Biol. Phys., Vol. 75, Issue 3, p. S643 (2009). 51st ASTRO Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, USA, November 1-5, 2009.
- Ivanova, L. Gilbert, D. Lazos and D. Todor, “Characterization of MOSFET dosimetry system for source position verification in HDR Brachytherapy”, Med. Phys. 36, p. 2534 (2009). AAPM 51st Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA, USA,. July 26-30, 2009 (POSTER PRESENTATION).
- Bondal, C. Altunbas, T. Ivanova, V. Gilbert, D. Todor, “Real time 3D tracking of the HDR source using flat panel detector”, Med. Phys. 36, p. 2682 (2009). AAPM 51st Annual Meeting, Anaheim, CA, USA, July 26-30, 2009 (ORAL PRESENTATION, Young Investigator Competition Finalist).
- Ivanova, L. Gilbert and D. Todor, “HDR brachytherapy source tracking by MOSFET dosimetry system”, Brachytherapy 2009; 8(2): p. 130 (2009). 2009 Annual Meeting of American Brachytherapy Society, Toronto, ON, Canada, May 31- June 2, 2009 (ORAL PRESENTATION).
- Ivanova, G. Malatara, K. Bliznakova, D. Kardamakis and N. Pallikarakis, “Studies on the attenuating properties of various materials used for protection in radiotherapy and their effect of on the dose distribution in rotational therapy”, IFMBE Proceedings MEDICON’07, Volume 16, p. 923-927. 11th Mediterranean Conference on Medical and Biological Engineering and Computing, Ljubljana, Slovenia, June 26-30, 2007 (ORAL PRESNTATION).