The results of the study will be used to enable the NHS Breast Screening Programme decide whether and how to implement tomosynthesis for routine screening
To compare the
- To demonstrate non-inferiority of DBT + S2D compared to DBT + 2DDM.
- To measure the impact of DBT + 2DDM screening on screening recall rates, benign biopsy rates at diagnostic assessment and at surgery.
- To measure the effect of DBT + 2DDM screening compared to 2DDM in patient groups according to breast density, type of screen, age.
- To develop methods for measuring reader performance with DBT + 2DDM screening.
- To carry out retrospective reader studies to measure the effect of
other screeningstrategies – 2DDM vs DBT alone, 2DDM vs DBT + synthetic 2D, 2DDM vs 2DDM + limited tomoviews.
- To compare patient preferences for breast cancer screening with 2DDM + DBT vs 2DDM.
- To develop & evaluate Artificial Intelligence Algorithms for the Analysis of DBT images